Yes that’s right, as of this month BARBER PRO has been on the shelves for 6 whole years - and what a 6 years it’s been!
Since 2015, we’ve been bringing you the very best in men’s skincare innovation and we’re showing no signs of slowing. BARBER PRO will continue to lead the way, developing new and exciting products with YOU at the forefront.
To celebrate this milestone, let’s take a look at how far we’ve come!
Our history since 2015...
As the world of sheet masks was taking off, with more and more people taking the time to care for their skin - we noticed a gap in the market. Sheet masks created specifically for men.
Male skin is thicker than that of a woman, as well as carrying more oils, a higher collagen density and of course, the presence of facial hair. This means it was only right for us to create a collection of masks that specifically targeted the needs of male skin.
Enter….BARBER PRO, the first range of sheet masks created for men, containing Activated Charcoal and Anti-Ageing Collagen.
Our first release was the BARBER PRO Post Shave Cooling Mask, developed to address the sensitivity and redness caused by shaving. The Marine Collagen based product soothes, nourishes and hydrates the skin, reducing inflammation and ensuring the skin feels replenished. To this day, it’s still one of our most popular treatments! Learn more about it here.
By the following year, BARBER PRO was making waves in the skincare industry, with the Post Shave Cooling Mask picking up awards for Best Innovation at the Beauty Awards with Debenhams, Innovation of the Year at the 2016 Barber Awards and Best Men’s Face Mask in the Beauty Shortlist Awards.
Over the next few years, the range grew and grew to include a number of best selling products, including the Face Putty Peel Off Mask and the customer favourite, the Foot Peel.
In 2019, the collection underwent a rebrand with colours being introduced to the packaging to make picking out your favorite mask even easier.
The full range now includes:
- Skin Renewing Foil Mask with Hyaluronic Acid & Q10
- Face Putty Peel Off Mask with Activated Charcoal
- Post Shave Cooling Mask with Anti-Ageing Collagen
- Foaming Cleansing Mask
- Under Eye Mask with Activated Charcoal and Volcanic Ash
- Super Eye Mask
- Gentlemen’s Sheet Mask
- Brightening Face Mask
- Foot Peel for Hard, Callus Skin
The success of the brand is reflected in the consistent presence of award nominations! Our wins include:
- Beauty Awards with OK! 2017 - Best Men's Face Mask - BARBER PRO Face Putty Peel Off Mask
- Guild Awards - Best Male Grooming Supplier 2017 – BARBER PRO
- Guild Awards - Best Male Grooming Supplier 2018 – BARBER PRO
- Guild Awards - Best Male Grooming Supplier 2019 – BARBER PR
- Copra Awards 2018 - Highly Commended - BARBER PRO Face Putty Peel Off Mask
- Beauty Shortlist Men’s Grooming 2018 - Editors Award - BARBER PRO Face Putty Peel Off Mask
- Beauty Shortlist 2018 - Best Male Face Mask - BARBER PRO Under Eye Mask
- Beauty Shortlist 2018 - Best Male Face Mask - BARBER PRO Gentlemen's Sheet Mask
- Beauty Shortlist Men’s Grooming 2018 - Editors Award - BARBER PRO Gentlemen's Sheet Mask
- Pure Beauty Awards 2018 – Best New Male Skin & Body Care Product - BARBER PRO Skin Renewing Foil Mask
- Beauty Awards with OK! 2018 - Best New Male Facial Product - BARBER PRO Skin Renewing Foil Mask
- Gift of The Year 2018 - BARBER PRO Skin Revival Kit
- Pure Beauty Global Awards 2019 – Best New Male Skin & Body Care Product Highly Commended - BARBER PRO Skin Renewing Foil Mask
- Attracta Beauty Award 2020 - Best Treatment Mask BARBER PRO - It's All Good Mask Set
- Free-From Skincare Awards 2020 - Men's Grooming Category - Silver Award - BARBER PRO CBD Oil Mask
Thanks to the support of our customers, we are now able to sell BARBER PRO around the world, in some of your favourite retailers. We now stock BARBER PRO in Mankind, ASOS, Boots, Next, Look Fantastic, Fragrance Direct, Lloyds Pharmacy and more - making it even easier for you to pick up your favourite mask when you’re on the go.
What was happening in the world when BARBER PRO was born?
In the news:
- Jeremy Clarkson left Top Gear following an alleged altercation with a producer
- The Conservatives won the General Election, leaving behind their Lib Dem coalition and regaining single party control with David Cameron at the helm
- Sepp Blatter resigns from FIFA following corruption allegations
- Facebook passed a billion users with Mark Zuckerberg proudly announcing that one in seven people across the world were using his social network
- NASA found flowing water on Mars leading scientists to speculate that life could be supported on the red planet
- The Hatton Garden Heist took place in April - thought to be the largest burglary in English legal history
- Donald Trump announced his intentions to run for president
In the movies:
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens made over $2 billion dollars and became the 3rd highest grossing film of all time
- Other films that made over $1 billion dollars included Jurassic World, Furious 7, Avengers: Age of Ultron and Minions.
- Daniel Craig returned for his 4th outing as 007 as Spectre entered cinemas in October
- Other releases included The Big Short, Legend, Focus, Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation and The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
On the telly:
- Narcos Season 1 - Netflix releases a crime drama documenting the rise of the cocaine trade in Colombia and highlighting the real life tales of drug kingpins in the late 1980’s.
- Game of Thrones Season 5 - this was a bloodthirsty season with the deaths of Stannis Baratheon and Jon Snow. Also notable was Cersei’s naked walk through King’s Landing and the sexual assault of Sansa Stark.
- This is England ‘90 - a moving farewell to Shane Meadow’s This is England Series, authentically capturing a moment in british society.
- Mad Men Season 7 - The American insight into advertising in the 60s came to an end with Jon Hamm saying farewell to one of TV’s greatest series leads, Don Draper.
- Fargo Season 2 - Our second visit to the US Midwest took us to 1979 for more violence and menace, starring Kirsten Dunst, Patrick Wilson and Ted Danson.
- Better Call Saul - A follow up to much loved Bad, this funny drama took us back to the world of Walter White to meet Saul Goodman, attorney at law.
- Love Yourself - Justin Bieber
- Hello - Adele
- House Every Weekend - David Zowie
- See You Again - Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth
- Hotline Bling - Drake
- Trap Queen - Fetty Wap
- FourFiveSeconds - Kanye West, Rihanna and Paul McCartney
- Earned It - The Weeknd
- To Pimp a Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar
- If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late - Drake
- Currents - Tame Impala
- At. Long. Last. ASAP - A$AP Rocky
- In Colour - Jamie xx
- Rodeo - Travis Scott
Here's to another 6 years of BARBER PRO!